Getting a Home Inspection – Why Important
Protect Your Investment
Why Are Home Inspections Important? A home inspection is an important step in the home buying process. A proper home inspection helps alert you of the condition of the home before purchase. The home inspection process is often performed at the time of the sale of the home after it has gone under contract. A home inspection is an inexpensive way to discover the condition of a home. Compared to the cost of the home and potential repairs, the home inspection does not cost much at all. It is very important to have a proper home inspection done by a qualified professional home inspector to help avoid issues down the road.
A home inspector is a lot like a “paid pessimist”. It is very easy to let our emotions take over and fall in love with a home, and when emotions are involved it is easy to not see the issues around us. A true home inspector is also expected to, not only find issues, but to know what he is looking at and to be able to clearly and concisely explain this to his clients.
A qualified professional home inspector, such as myself, will conduct a home inspection of the general condition of the home. I then will take the time to explain my findings to you, my client. And this takes a patient home inspector as well.
SCHEDULE ONLINE – 24/7
WHAT IS INCLUDED
What is included in our home inspections? Literally hundreds of items and thousands of scenarios, but the basics are as follows:
- Roof, vents, flashing, and trim
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylights, Chimney, and other roof penetrations
- Attached decks, porches, stoops, walkways, and railings
- Lot grading and Drainage
- Basement and foundation.
- Heating and cooling systems
- Main water shut off valves
- Water heating system
- Interior plumbing fixture and faucets
- Electrical service lines, meter, service entrance, and distribution panel
- Main disconnect and distribution wiring
- Grounding and bonding
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Garage door safety sensors and openers
- Plus much more!